Sunday, June 5, 2011

Elizabeth Furnace

We decided that Titan needed to get out and explore with us today! We went for a little stroll around Elizabeth Furnace, which is about 15 miles down the road from our house. It was an easy little hike for a Sunday afternoon. Enjoy some great photos I got today!

Titan got to ride on the floor in the truck...it was a little cramped, but he seemed excited to go! 

Titan wanted to be wherever my honey was! 

It might look like I'm trying to strangle him, but I was simply trying to get him to pose for a picture! He and I don't have many pictures together. 

We noticed so many of these blooming all over the place today! 

A nice close up of one of the flowers. Anyone know what kind of flower this is?? 

On our hike, we learned all about how Elizabeth Furnace made Pig Iron and charcoal. I really don't remember much about it, but it was fun while we were there! 

I would stop to take pictures along the way and Titan would stop and wait for me to join them. My honey wasn't as patient as Titan was though!

Hello honeysuckle!! I absolutely LOVE the smell of fresh honeysuckle in the morning when I'm running outside. It is an amazing way to start the day!

Titan thinks he's a big dog already!!!

My two handsome fellas!! 

I can't believe he ran right out there! He's gotten so brave lately. 

Wherever my honey goes, Titan is sure to follow! 

Every year, the first weekend in June is the Old Dominion 100 mile race. The runners start at the Woodstock Fairgrounds and run through a lot of Fort Valley, part of it is down at Elizabeth Furnace. They also run by our house, so Saturday morning, Titan sat outside and watched them run by. I really admire these runners! The runner who finished first did it in just under 17 hours!! Maybe one day I'll run it.....

There's this awesome cable bridge that takes you over to the Elizabeth Furnace Cabin and outdoor theater. 

This is one of my new favorite pics!!! 

Here's the cabin. A little reminiscent of ours! 

Beautiful flowers outside the cabin! 

Another new favorite shot! I love it when I get to use my macro lens. 

 When we were walking back over the bridge, we spotted a snapping turtle in the creek! Can you find it??

The ride back home...he's one tired pup!! Okay, he WAS tired...he is currently not tired now that he has had a bath! He is super wound up and ready to go again!!! 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristin! Enjoyed looking at your photos...the flower you were asking about is Mountain Laurel. The woods around our home are in full bloom right now and it is beautiful. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete