Friday, March 4, 2011

Redwoods

So I was afraid this week would come...the one where my Project 27 slows way down and I miss a day or two....or three! It has been an insane week and I just sort of let my photography fall to the side.

This week, I have had something to do every evening after work so by the time I finally got home, I had too many other things to focus on. In addition, I have also been preparing for a spring break trip to the Redwoods in Arcata, CA with a group of JMU students! My prep included grocery shopping and making food to leave for my adorable husband since I'll be leaving him for over a whole week! I'll miss him terribly! 

I also had to pack for my trip where I will be sleeping in a cabin with no heat....and I'll be working outside in the cold rain every day! Clearly I've also had to mentally prepare myself for this trip!!

I won't have cell phone service or access to internet while I'm away. However, while I'm gone, I'll be able to get back on track with my Project 27 since my theme for next week is Trees! There will be plenty of trees out in the Redwoods (obviously!) so I am excited for the trip.

I will definitely post lots of pics from my trip on Sunday, March 13th once I am settled back into my cabin (that has heat) with my wonderful hubby!!!

For now, I'll leave you with what I hope to capture while I'm in CA! Here's hoping for a great trip!
(photo courtesy of National Geographic)






No comments:

Post a Comment