Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 7: COLD

I was a little concerned with my theme for this week because of the 60+ degree days we had last week. Luckily, we got more snow/ice at the beginning of the week and it cooled off significantly, just for me! 

You'll notice there is no picture for Sunday, February 20th...my apologies! There is a reason, I promise!


Monday, February 21st, 2011
As I was driving home late from a meeting, it started raining a little. By the time I got home, it had started sleeting pretty badly. This is a picture of one of the windows in our bedroom covered in that sleet. My wonderful husband put up recessed lights in the corners of the outside of the house. So when they are on, they shine just a little bit into our room. I loved the look of the sleet on the window highlighted by the light.


Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011
We had a delay at JMU on Tuesday, however, the day still seemed to be just as long! I caught this picture on my walk back to my car. It clearly did not warm up much that day like they said it would! 


Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011
Tuesday morning, I wrote this in the sleet/snow on our back deck. Late Wednesday night it was still there! I was really missing the 60+ degree weather!!! 


Thursday, February 24th, 2011
This is my hubby's ice cream; he just had to have it! If you look closely, you can see the specks of ice on the carton. I took this photo with my macro lens, which is designed to take very close-up pictures. I don't use it that often, but I love how this turned out!  


Friday, February 25th, 2011
What's cooler than being cool? ICE COLD!!! Name that song! 


Saturday, February 26th, 2011
My wonderful grad assistants came to visit me today! After we had some brunch, I took them for a ride on the Ranger and it was a bit colder than we expected! I took much better shots of them than this, but I feel this one most accurately portrays how cold it was up on the hill. Alyssa was the only one who came even remotely prepared for the weather!




Check back next Sunday for Week Eight!
The theme: Shoes


Thanks for checking out my blog! Leave a comment about this week's photos

1 comment:

  1. These photos look great Kristin. I wish I could take better pictures. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete