Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 6: Happiness : )

I had a lot of fun this week capturing "happiness" in my daily life. I captured other people's happiness, as well as things in my life that make me happy. Enjoy!


Sunday, February 13th, 2011
This is another shot from Sarah & Carter's maternity session. I think it truly shows their happiness and excitement about having a baby! Look for more photos from the shoot this week! 

 

Monday, February 14th, 2011
Of course I had to get a picture of my amazing husband! He has made me happier than I ever thought I could be. This is a quick shot before he was heading to work on Valentine's Day. Unfortunately, I think we only saw each other for about 20 minutes that day and it was in the morning before work. He'll always be my valentine, no matter how little we see each other on the day!


Tuesday, February 15th, 2011
I'm going to be very honest here...I did not take this picture on Tuesday! I took it on Sunday evening, actually. The thing is, I didn't take my camera with me to work on Tuesday because of a training I'd be in all day. But I didn't think about the wonderful shots I could have gotten in the car or after work. So I am sharing this one because it encompasses what made me happy on Tuesday, which is the town I live in. The way the sun was rising on my way to work just made my drive out of our town absolutely breathtaking. I wanted to capture it all and remember it forever. Luckily, we'll be living here for the rest of our lives, so I'll be able to enjoy it for a long long time!  


Wednesday, February 16th, 2011
I've shared before that there is a family who lives in our town who lives very close to the land. They are probably the happiest people I know! This photo is not the best quality because of the poor lighting that late at night, but the happiness on this boy's face just lights up my face too!  


Thursday, February 17th, 2011
What can I say about these two?! These lovely ladies are my graduate assistants. They have been an absolute JOY to work with this year!! Their friendship that has grown since they met in August, coupled with their fun nature just makes me so happy to go to work every day. I am so going to miss them after they leave me in May!!! 


Friday, February 18th, 2011
This photo shows a lot of things that make me happy! The first is a little bit more metaphorical: it is an empty house. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband, but I was so happy to come home on Friday night to an empty house and have the evening to myself! I am a very introverted person so I need my alone time to recharge. Friday night did just that! The second thing about this photo that makes me happy is that this is our beautiful house (nearly completed!) that took so long to renovate! We couldn't be happier with how it turned out and are so grateful to all of the people who helped make it happen!


Saturday, February 19th, 2011
This wonderful couple celebrated their one year wedding anniversary last night with a big reception for friends and family. It was so much fun to to share the evening with them and spend time with extended family that we don't see all the time. Instead of tapping a glass to get them to kiss, people had to stand up a sing a line from a love song. It was quite entertaining!! So when they happened to be near our table, I snapped this shot and absolutely love everything about it!! You can just feel their happiness by looking at it!




Check back next Sunday for Week Seven!
The theme: Cold


Thanks for checking out my blog! Leave a comment about this week's photos

No comments:

Post a Comment