Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 4: Water


It's safe to say that I am addicted to water! I am constantly drinking it and always have a cup of it with me. It's so good for you, so I always aim to get at least 100oz a day!

I had a lot of fun this week playing around with shooting and editing. Hope you enjoy my fun water shots!


Sunday, January 30th, 2011
Some of our friends came over on Saturday for dinner, so we finally got to use this beautiful carafe we got for our wedding. We cleaned out our basement last week when we had a snow day and opened a bunch of wedding gifts we still had in boxes down there!! 
Monday, January 31st, 2011
Sometimes I wait until the last minute to get things done...like taking my photo for Monday! The nearest source of water was in my kitchen, so I opted to take a photo of our sink faucet. It was a pretty dull shot until I got a hold of it in Pixelmator. I cropped it and tweaked some of the coloring and I really like the dramatic feel it has to it. I especially love the wine glass you can see in the background. 


 
Tuesday, February 1st, 2011
As I said before, I am addicted to water! I am also somewhat of a water snob. I filter the water from the fountain at work using a Brita pitcher and then pour into one of many reusable mugs/cups I have. It was a little tougher to get this shot than I originally thought it would be. It was hard to pour while taking the picture, but I love the result!

 
Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011
I left a little early from work and was so excited to catch the creek in the daylight. However, none of my shots of the creek turned out as planned because the light did not hit it the right way. I was a little disappointed, but as I was walking back to my car, I noticed this puddle. I got down on the ground and was so happy to catch the reflection of the trees in the water! I played around a whole lot with this picture and it completely transformed this photo to what you see here...maybe one day I will share the original ; )


Thursday, February 3rd, 2011
Bubbles! I played around with the soap bubbles left over from washing my hands and ended up with this. 


Friday, February 4th, 2011
This is probably my new favorite picture! I saw an article online about doing this fun trick with water, oil and food coloring. I did this in our bathroom sink with blue food coloring and a little bit of Crisco. Once you pour the oil and the food coloring in, you just stir it around a bit to make fun globs of the oil. I absolutely love how you can see the reflection of the three bathroom lights in the little globs! The original of this turned out great, but I bumped up the color and made it really pop!


Saturday, February 5th, 2011
We woke up to a dreary day yesterday. The grill cover had come off at some point the day before so the entire thing was covered in these water droplets. I thought it looked so neat, so I used my macro lens to get really close to the droplets. I love the way it blurs everything but one area of the photo. 



Check back next Sunday for Week Five!
The theme: Black and White


Thanks for checking out my blog! Leave a comment about this week's photos


No comments:

Post a Comment