Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week 2: FOOD!



 I absolutely love food and have grown to love cooking!! That is, as long as my handsome husband cleans up : ) So this week was especially fun trying to capture food in different ways. It was tougher than I thought in some situations, but I think I got some fun shots. I know I have a long way to go with food photography, so it was fun to practice this week. I hope you enjoy a snapshot of the food I encounter throughout the week!

 
Sunday, January 16th, 2011
I made some homemade chicken soup last weekend. Although it was wondefully delicious and beautiful to look at, the camera did not capture it well. Since I served the soup with crackers, I figured I'd get a shot of them. I love this shot because this is how I happened to open the box and the sleeve of crackers. I did have to crop it a bit in post-processing because you could see too much window and wall.  

 Monday, January 17th, 2011
These are the main ingredients in my breakfast most days. Oatmeal with berries, walnuts and some honey paired with a wonderful glass of raw milk (yes, straight from the cow!!).

Tuesday, January 18th, 2011
This is a snapshot of a typical lunch at work. I eat at my desk most days and just take a breather from all of the action going on outside the door of my office! love spinach salads and I have been topping them with apples since strawberries went out of season. This was such an easy shot to get because there is a window behind me and the light was just right! Since it turned out so well, I didn't have to do a thing to it edit wise except crop it. It's what they call SOOC: straight out of camera. 


Wednesday, January 19th, 2011
We have some dear friends here in town who live very close to the land. They make everything from scratch and it is always delicious! They are also the nicest people I've ever met : ) Here is a shot of their homemade granola with a beautiful wooden spoon.  


Thursday, January 20th, 2011
The apple section at Food Lion was calling my name when I was there the other day. I think this photo could be improved in so many ways, but I'm not sure how! If you have a suggestion, feel free to leave it in the comments! I'm still playing with my new editing software and haven't quite figured out how I could have made this one better. 

Friday, January 21st, 2011
Every morning, I pack a lunch for both my husband and I. Yes, it is quite a feat to get us out the door in the morning between making breakfast, packing lunches and trying to plan for dinner! I have no idea what we'll do once we have kids! Here are our cute lunchboxes I pack for us to take to work every day!  


 Saturday, January 22nd, 2011
The scrambled eggs and English muffins with jelly were excellent! You can see out to our side yard in the background of this picture and just might be able to make out the barn between the chair pickets. We have a huge six foot picture window behind our table in the kitchen. It lets in incredible light!!! Although it needs to be cleaned desperately, it still gives us a great view : )


Check back next Sunday for Week Three!
The theme: BOOKS


Thanks for checking out my blog! Leave a comment about this week's photos

No comments:

Post a Comment