Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas 2010

This year, we changed things up a bit and did Christmas Eve dinner in our new home (a future post about the 2 1/2 year renovation project will be coming soon!) instead of up at my in-laws. My whole family came in for it from all over the country: Nick and Jessi from Minnesota, Michael and Cezanne from New York, and mom and dad from North Carolina. This was the first time my whole family had been together since our wedding a year and a half ago. My mother-, father-, brother-, aunt-, and grandma-in-law also came from a mile up the road. It was so exciting to see everyone and spend some quality time with family, especially my brothers! It was also exciting because Nick and Jessi got to find out the sex of their baby (see their maternity pictures below!).

Here are some pictures from Christmas Eve day when we opened presents and Christmas Eve dinner where I (with a lot of help from many other people!) successfully cooked dinner and dessert for 14 people! It was such an awesome day! And also a few family photos from Christmas Day.

Nick, me and Michael full of holiday cheer!

My whole family at my parents house on Christmas! Me, my hubby, my brothers, Jessi, Dad and Momma

Michael and Cezanne

Nick and I before serving dinner. And dad doing dishes in the background! He was instrumental in the clean up effort after dinner...THANKS DAD!!!

The 10+ foot table that sat all 14 of us! It was beautifully decorated by Jessi, and the wonderful Spode Christmas Tree plates were provided by my wonderful mother-in-law. Thanks Nancy!

Unfortunately, no one captured a photo of all of us at the table.

Nick and Jessi opening their gift!! What does it say?!?!

IT'S A GIRL!!! The ultrasound technician printed them a picture and put it in a box at their ultrasound in early December. They wrapped it up and brought it all the way to VA to open in front of us for Christmas so we could share in their joy!

Super excited future parents! And happy future Grandpa!!! We all can't wait to meet the little girl : )

2 comments: